February 1-3, 2019
The Sacraments as an Outward Expression of the Inward Reality of our Covenant with God
Leadership by Rev. Jeff Davis
This is a great chance for youth from different churches to meet and fellowship with like-minded Presbyterian youth to learn about what our faith means as they go through the confirmation process. No matter if your group has been going all year long or just starting this will be an opportunity to experience a new faith community discussing the importance of the sacraments of Baptism and Communion in relationship to the covenants we have with God. There will be plenty of activities and chances for your youth to work on their faith statements mixed with discussions and worship experiences in a reformed theological group.
THIS RETREAT OFFERS
- Experiential Learning: An essential part of our weekend is framing the writing of statements of faith around activities that relate to reformed theology. This helps concrete thinkers grasp abstract ideas.
- Connections: Connections are made between churches, between youth, between youth and their chaperones and between participants and God’s creation.
- Opportunity: Set this retreat as a kick-off or culmination of your year-long study!
- Review: The learning doesn’t just happen for the confirmands. Many past chaperones shared that they walked away having reviewed and learned so much about their faith. Perhaps this retreat will spark ideas for your elder training!
- A Jump Start: Perhaps your confirmands are finishing up, perhaps they are started. Either way, participants will walk away with a great start to their Statement of Faith and a head swimming with ideas!
- Meaningful Worship: It is essential that all of our learning be centered in the worship of our Triune God!